Stillwater Middle School
December 14, 2018
- Loyalty-faithfulness to another
“Loyalty is a two way street. If I am asking it from you, then you are getting it from me.” -Willy a Tenadjang
- Congratulations to our VIP’s:
- Alpha- Parker Edwards
- Artisan- Kevin Diaz
- Synergy- Enrique Sanchez-Batista
- Arete- Elijah Hammer
- Omega- Joshua Webber
- Titan- Omar Elshahed
- Please check lost and found for your belongings! If you have lost a coat, hat, water bottle or lunch box this year please check the lost and found table today. These items will be donated NEXT week.
- We would like to recognize our Artists of the Week! For showing creativity and dedication to her work, one of our artists of the week is Lily Jones and our other artist of the week is Jordan Whitekiller for her optimism, hard work, and creativity! Please see your art teacher for your award.
- Monday will be the last day for After School Homework Hour until January.
- Sucker sales will continue through Thursday of next week.
- Great job 7th grade Band students. Your concert was amazing!
- Congratulations to all of our PTA reflection winners!
- INSIDE Recess until further notice.
- No Math Club next week. Next one will be Jan 7th.
- Elks National Hoop Shoot Free Throw Contest is Saturday, Dec 15th. Registration is at 8am and contest begins at 9am at the Stillwater High School old gym. More info in the main office
- Lunch Line Theme Bar this week is FIESTA Bar!
- FCA meets on Wednesday mornings. Please meet Mr. Brown at the back patio by 7:30am.
- Book Club meets on Thursday mornings in 205. Meet on the back patio at 7:45am.
- Homework Hour is in Mr. Purcell's room 219 Monday through Thursdays. It starts right after school and dismisses at 4:20. If you come to homework hour, you must be there by 3:30 and you are required to stay until 4:20. Anyone staying must have a ride home as there are no buses.
- SMS A.M. (Academic Maintenance) from 7:20-7:50. It will be in the cafeteria with Mr. Brasche. Students are expected to bring work and be on task during this time.
- Love Math? Want a challenge? Our Math Club is open to all 6th and 7th graders. It is led by Detelin Dosev, an OSU Math Professor. This is a tremendous opportunity for anyone who loves numbers to think mathematically in new ways. It is on Mondays from 3:45-4:45 here at SMS in room 110. Students must have a ride home.
- Lost and Found is located downstairs in the short hallway (downstairs Artisan hall). If you have lost something please check here first.
- Students should come in and be seated right away (7th on north side and 6th on south side)
- Student must sit on the floor within the white lines (to leave a path around the perimeter to walk) - or in the bleachers if they are in 6th grade
- Once you are seated, you need to stay in that location and stay seated until dismissed
- You may not leave the gym once inside, so eat breakfast, etc. before you come in.
- Please stay seated until your section is dismissed. The teacher will dismiss sections to avoid traffic jams.
- No food or drink is allowed in the gym.
- Follow the GE life principles of respect and responsibility
- Don’t forget to bring your box tops. There is a team competition to see who can collect the most box tops. We can get really neat stuff for our school!
- SMS FREE School Breakfasts: A healthy breakfast in the morning can help you have a great day! Remember that it’s always FREE at school!