Stillwater Middle School
March 13, 2020
- Courtesy - Consideration, cooperation and generosity
“I believe in courtsey, the ritual by which we avoid hurting other people's feelings by satisfying our own egos.” -Kenneth Clark
- Congratulations to our VIP’s:
- Alpha- Jack Smittle
- Artisan- Eli Fleming
- Synergy- Ali Almayahi
- Arete- Kyriana Beard
- Omega- Blake Snethen
- Titan- Lucie Anthony
- The NASA N7 field trip has been canceled for March 30th.
- Our Robotics Teams claimed the robot skills state championship. They encountered almost every hurdle possible and still overcame! Truly proud of these students and the perseverance they showed in the most difficult circumstances they have faced all year. The 6th grade team members are Alex Dosev, William Lin, Johnathan Ku, and Ahmed Al-Janabi.
- The SMS Art teachers would like to recognize the following students for Artist of the Week: in 7th grade, Julia Cundiff, and in 6th grade, Esther Van Overbeke. Please see your art teacher in class for your award.
- TSA and robotics students are selling chocolate bars for $1 for the rest of the week or until they run out. Sales support travel expenses as students go to compete.
- Girls in 6th and 7th grade interested in playing basketball, who are not participating in a school sport that practices after school, can attend offseason basketball workouts. The workouts are on Mondays and Thursdays from 4:15 to 5:30 at the high school gyms. The workouts will begin March 26th - May 4th. MS students can ride the bus to the high school. Bus numbers will be announced when known. If interested, more information is available in the concession stand office.
- Softball tryouts are April 20th. Please pick up a flyer in the concession stand office for more info!
- If you have lost your glasses this year, please come to the office.
- PIONEER PANTRY: Bring items such as body wash, canned goods, peanut butter, generic t-shirt, deodorant, shampoo and conditioner. The box is located in front of the concession stand office.
- FCA is on Wednesdays. Meet Coach Brown on the back patio at 7:30!
- Book Club is on Thursdays. Meet Mrs. Morejon on the back patio at 7:30!
- SMS A.M. (Academic Maintenance) is in the cafeteria with Mr. Purcell from 7:20-7:50am. Students are expected to bring work and be on task during this time.
- Homework Hour is in Ms. Bell's room 216 Monday through Thursday. It starts right after school and dismisses at 4:20. If you come to homework hour, you must be there by 3:30 and you are required to stay until 4:20. Anyone staying must have a ride home. There is no bus for this program.
- Lost and Found is located downstairs in the short hallway (downstairs Artisan hall). If you have lost something please check here first. If you have lost a phone or an electronic item, see Mrs. Jolliff.
- Students should come in and be seated right away (7th on west side and 6th on east side)
- Student must sit in the bleachers
- Once you are seated, you need to stay in that location and stay seated until dismissed
- You may not leave the gym once inside, so eat breakfast, etc. before you come in.
- If you need to use the restroom, ask permission from an adult on duty.
- Please stay seated until your section is dismissed. The teacher will dismiss sections to avoid traffic jams.
- No food or drink is allowed in the gym.
- Follow the GE life principles of respect and responsibility
- SMS FREE School Breakfasts: A healthy breakfast in the morning can help you have a great day! Remember that it’s always FREE at school!