Mountain Xpress Commenting policy
The Golden Rule: The basic goal in allowing comments on Xpress articles is to try to bring meaningful information to the dialogue while staying respectful of others. Think before you post.
- Ad hominem and personal attacks are not permitted. Criticize the ideas, not the people.
- No trolling. Don't make posts that are simply inflammatory, off topic or perpetuating your personal soapbox (see below). Substance is a key to not being labeled a troll, but substance alone will not prevent you from being considered a troll.
- Stay on topic. Respond to the letter, article, blog, etc. Don’t be a troll (see above).
- No pornographic, sexually offensive, sexually explicit, objectifying material, inflammatory or vulgar language. Simple rule. Xpress editor judgment applies here.
- Respect the privacy of others. Do not post other's — or your own — private phone numbers, addresses, pictures, etc.
- Be yourself. Do not attempt to impersonate another user or person, or use multiple identities in an attempt to dodge our comment policy.
- No spamming. No commercial-oriented posts and no flooding with useless content — or content designed to encourage trolling other sites or to lead viewers to sites that violate these policies.
- Please respect and abide by the decisions of the moderators. Self-explanatory. If you have issues with moderation, we want to hear about them, but the thread where the moderation took place isn't the place. We may briefly answer questions in a thread, but prefer that you contact us. Your concerns will be addressed as soon as possible.
- Keep in mind that our team of moderators does not work 24/7. If you submitted a post and it doesn’t go live within a short time, consider the day and time of your post, the possibility that your post may be under review, or the likelihood that we’re working on some other, more time-dependent aspect of our daily/weekly duties.
Consequences for not adhering to Xpress general policies include the following, not necessarily in this order:
- You will be reprimanded.
- Your comment will be held or removed.
- You'll be moved to moderation.
- Your account will be banned.
Xpress reserves the right to remove any content, comments and/or Xpress accounts at any time for any reason, or for no apparent reason at all. Xpress will not amend, alter or remove user comments at the request of a user.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of the site.