- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process with six 1-second pulses.
- Remove cover of food processor and sprinkle the butter evenly over the dry ingredients. Add the grated orange zest. Cover and process with 12 1-second pulses.
- Transfer dough to a large bowl. Mix in dried cranberries. Stir in heavy cream until dough begins to form.
- Transfer the dough to a countertop and knead dough by hand until it comes together into a rough ball, about 10 seconds.
- To shape the scones, lightly dust an 8-inch cake pan and press dough into the pan, then turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface. With a sharp knife, cut the dough into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges on an ungreased baking sheet and bake in preheated oven 12 to 15 minutes or until tops of scones are a light brown. Transfer to a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Note: you can freeze unbaked scones and enjoy hot from the oven scones any day of the week. Just freeze on a baking sheet until firm, tightly wrap in plastic wrap and place in a ziploc freezer bag. When ready to bake just pop into the oven straight from the freezer, no need to thaw. Just add a few more minutes to the baking time.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com