Each week will have a theme from which have books, art projects and lessons are chosen by to learn. The themes are incorporated in with bible lessons and other preschool curriculum. This following is the chronological order in which themes will come; I will put the theme on the monthly calendar for better reference. To learn why themes are in this particular order, see the theme transition link.
FALL SEMESTER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Review/testing/back to school
- All about me
- Family / transportation
- Birds / Bugs
- Bears / Wildlife
- Community Helpers
- Harvest /food/health
- Indians /Pilgrim
- Thanksgiving / Thanks to God
- Christmas /Winter
- Christmas / Winter
SPRING SEMESTER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Review / testing
- Creation / Adam and Eve
- Valentines / Groundhogs Day
- Ocean Life
- Tennessee / tales and nursery rhymes
- President’s week / Government
- History /culture and other places
- St. Patricks Day
- Spring Planting / Growing
- Farming / Growing / Animals
- Rainbows / Weather
- Mother’s Day
- Review / Fun
SUMMER SEMESTER ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Summer semester will operate different than rest of the year. It will incorporate more free days, parties, and fun events to help children recognize and enjoy their “summer break”.
The summer themes are as follows:
- Review/Rules: this week to get to know each other, assess skills, discuss safety and go over rules.
- Friendship: We will have a pajama party and I will rent a bounce inflatable to kick to summer off!
- Sports/Games: We will spend the week learning about sports and skills. Board games. Field day with prizes
- Camping: We will have a day that we stay outside in the tents, cook lunch outside and have a picnic, play horse shoes, fish from a kiddy pool, etc. Other days of week, will learn about camp related things. Water Play: our big day this week will be sprinkler and kiddie pool outside for a "pool party". Other days we will earn about water safety, how things float and sink, etc
- Art/Music: learn about the different types of art and music. This is going to be a creative week... we will have an art gallery and concert. Perhaps a dance party or play.
- Wonders of Nature: this is going to be a great time to review wildlife, botany, space and all the wonderful creations that God made....kids will get to collect bugs, plants, etc to examine under a microscope. Dig for dinosaur bones and become their every own scientist while learning to appreciate what God made. At the end of the week, we may create a “wonders of Nature Museum” and each child will take turns being a tour guide to parents.
- Fairies / Pirates: this week's big day will be a costume party... complete with cupcake, treasure hunt, etc. A week to get lost in fantasy and literature.
- Around the World: Going to tour the globe... learn about different locations and their food, culture, animals, etc.
- Review: get kids back in the grove to go back to school. Last day fun extravaganza event... tba.