ISA Daily Student Bulletin
Tuesday, May 25, 2015
Club Meetings: Week of May 25
Whole School Announcement
- Do you want to give an international greeting at next year’s Opening Ceremony? Come by the ISA office beginning on Thursday, May 28 to sign-up!
- Last month I was invited to attend a counselor Fly In weekend at New York University’s campus in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. It is an amazing liberal arts school, and I created a powerpoint of my trip to share with students who are interested in learning more about NYU Abu Dhabi. Mrs. Magadance's Abu Dhabi Trip
- Hey you! Yes, you. Do you want to see some super hip senior portfolio presentations? If you answered yes, then click this link to see who is presenting when.
- Sophomores will be selling “Help Nepal” t-shirts for $10 designed by two sophomores on during lunch this week to support the efforts in Nepal. All proceeds will go to a charity there.
- Chromebooks reminder: All Chromebooks that have been checked out for home use must be returned to Mrs. Guillory in the ISA Office by Monday, June 1st!!
- The NURU fundraising effort from ISA/LEE/STEM and Nimitz is underway for 2015. Make your life saving contribution here. Help us reach our goal of raising $2,000 to fight extreme poverty.
- Are you a lifeguard? ISA is looking for volunteers to accompany us on field trips during Summer PE. If you are interested, please stop by the main office!
- Have you seen the Washington Post article about the “most challenging schools” in America? You’re attending #72 on the national list!
- Beyer Boys Plumbing and Air Conditioning is seeking an intern for this summer. To be eligible for this opportunity, you must be at least 16 years old and have a driver’s license. In addition, Beyer Boys needs an intern who will show up on time and be able to work all summer. If interested, please see Mrs. Woodard.
Service Opportunities: Don’t forget to post a blog about it
- Interested in volunteering at a hospital this summer?
- Student volunteers are an important part of the VA medical centers’ treatment team. Volunteers will be selected according to the needs of the medical center, assignment, preference, and skills. Training and an orientation will be provided. To become a VA student volunteer, visit Volunteer or Donate to complete and submit the form.
- UPDATE: APPLICATIONS ARE DUE THIS FRIDAY MAY 15th Baptist Health System - The Volunteer Departments at Baptist Health System welcomes volunteers ranging from teenagers to adults and they are excited to put your hands and mind to good work as a volunteer. Interested students should contact the volunteer coordinator at the location they are interested in volunteering at, and complete the application. For more information, including contact information, please visit their website.
- There are many Hospice Organization seeking volunteers as well. Check out the listings here.
- Be sure to check out other the upcoming service opportunities listed on the service calendar (tinyurl.com/ISAservice)
- SHOW ME THE MONEY!!-- I need to know how much money you have been offered throughout the college application process. Please make a copy of this document and then save the link to your doc in the senior graduation spreadsheet.
- There is a chance to earn internship choice points on Thursday after school. See Mrs. Woodard for more information!
- College Acceptance Letters- Hey Seniors, as you receive college acceptance letters and emails, come show them to Mrs. Magadance!! AND Get a star to add to our wall of acceptance!!!
- Juniors, please use this link to access the Junior Class Portfolios.
- Attention All Juniors (especially if you are a Junior Board Member):
Let Ms. Ramirez know today if you can help set-up classrooms right after school on Thursday for our roundtable presentations. Remember: Many hands make light work!
- Want to talk internship? Come see Mrs. Woodard in the main office, or email her (email@example.com) to set up a time to talk.
- SAT and ACT Test dates: the last test dates of the year are quickly approaching. Don’t forget to register.
May 8, 2015
June 6, 2015
May 8, 2015
June 13, 2015
- SAT and ACT Fee Waivers: Fee waivers are available for both exams if you receive free or reduced lunch. They can be picked up from Mrs. Magadance.
- SAT registration is at collegeboard.org
- ACT registration is at actstudent.org
- Trying to access your portfolio? The link to login can be found at the bottom of the student bulletin(under Links to Logins section) as well as on the “Students” page of the ISA website, or you can just type “blogs.neisd.net”.
- Remember that the PSAT format closely mirrors the SAT.
- Weekly tutoring schedule: 4:15-5:30 pm
Mondays: World Geography & English
Wednesdays: Algebra & Geometry
- Endorsements 2015-2016 Use the attached document to determine which endorsement you would like to earn while in high school.
- Student Graduation Plan: Students need to complete their graduation plan through the student portal. All of the instructions are available through this link or on the DIM classroom link. Deadline for submission is 5/20/2015. Parents will also need to review the graduation plan and approve it through the parent portal by 5/21/2015.
LINKS TO LOGINS
Staff Announcements (For ISA Faculty and Staff only)- These are listed on a separate page and are only viewable by ISA faculty and staff. They contain information pertinent to staff only and are not shared publicly.