- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 4 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese, well softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Line the inside of an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil allowing excess to extend beyond the edges of the pan. Lightly grease foil with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- To make the brownies, in a medium saucepan heat butter and 4 ounces of chocolate over low heat, whisking occasionally, just until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla, and a pinch of salt until well combined. Whisk in flour and chocolate chips until just combined and spread evenly in baking pan.
- To make the cheesecake batter, in a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Distribute the cheesecake mixture in 8 dollops over brownie batter. Swirl in with a knife or spatula.
- Bake until edges are slightly puffed and center is just set, about 35 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on a cooling rack before lifting out the foil to remove the brownies.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com