* 3 Tb olive oil
* 2 packets of Gardein's "Lightly Seasoned Chick'n Scallopini ( 8 cutlets )
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
* 1 yellow onion, chopped
* 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 3/4 dry white wine
* 1 ( 28 ounce ) can diced tomatoes with juice
* 3/4 cup vegan "chicken" broth ( try Better than Bouillon ) or vegetable broth
* 3 Tb capers
* 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
* 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
1. Lightly sprinkle the chick’n cutlets with flour.
2. In a large heavy saute pan, heat the oil over a medium high flame. Add the chick’n pieces to the pan and saute until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. If all of it does not fit in the pan, saute them in small batches.
3. Transfer the chick’n to a plate and set aside.
4. Add the bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, garlic to the same pan and saute over medium heat until the onion and mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the wine and simmer until reduce by half, about 3 minutes.
6. Add the tomatoes with their juice, broth, capers and oregano. Bring the sauce to a simmer and simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
To Serve - Place two cutlets on a plate and spoon the sauce over. Sprinkle with fresh basil. If you wish, chick’n cacciatore also goes great served over whole wheat spaghetti noodles.