Mom’s Cherry Dump Cake
Recipe from: Confessions of a Wannabe Baker
1 20oz can cherry pie filling
1 20oz can crushed pineapple
1 box yellow cake mix
1 1/2 - 2 sticks butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Now do just what the title says, dump everything in a 9 x 13 pan.
- First the pineapple, spread out evenly
- Then the cherry pie filling (my mom uses 1 and a half cans of filling for more cherrys - I liked the pineapple/cherry ratio with just one)
- Cover with dry cake mix. Try to get as even as possible.
- Cover cake mix with butter. I used a silicone pastry brush to make sure there was no dry cake mix left.
- Bake for 45-1 hour until bubbly and brown. Make sure you watch the color the last 15 mins. My oven took 50 mins to get a nice crust.