Raisin Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the nuts onto a baking sheet and place in preheated oven 5-7 minutes until fragrant. Shake the baking sheet halfway through baking so the nuts will toast evenly. Remove nuts from oven and set aside to cool completely. Chop very coarsely once cool.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. With the mixer on low, add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; Stir flour mixture into the butter mixture. Stir in the oats, raisins and pecans just until combined.
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing the cookies two inches apart. Flatten slightly with a damp hand. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer the cookies to a baking rack and cool completely.
Yields: 3 dozen cookies
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com