Please read the below disclaimer carefully and sign (click I agree and understand in online registration form) if you fully understand the Safety Statement/ rules of the GalwayFest 2018 event and the disclaimer as laid out below.
- I, who processes this registration form in consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my entry in this event/ program, for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators, hereby waive all and any claim, right or cause of action which I or they might otherwise have for or arising out of loss of my life or injury, damage or loss or any description whatsoever which I may suffer or sustain in the course of or consequent upon my entry or participation in the GalwayFest Weekend event. I will abide by the GalwayFest safety statement and rules.
- This waiver, release and discharge shall be and operate separately in favour of the GalwayFest organizers, rescuers, safety boaters, land owners, sponsors and all persons, corporation and bodies involved or otherwise engaged in promotion or staging of the event and the servants, agents, representatives and officers of any of them.
- I recognise the physical risks associated with this event and declare that I am physically fit to compete safely in this event, and that I have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person.
- I recognise the inherent risks associated with whitewater kayaking and I declare that I am sufficiently skilled to compete safely in this event, and that I have not been advised otherwise by a qualified kayak instructor.
- I hereby acknowledge that I have sole responsibility for my personal possessions and athletic equipment during the event and related activities.
- I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during the event.
- I hereby acknowledge that I have sole responsibility for the costs associated with my transportation, in the case of an injury or accident.
- I hereby acknowledge that I have disclosed all information regarding any current or previous medical conditions which will be asked for at registration on the event days and have read the safety statement in full and understand the said rules.
- By registering online I recognise that this amounts to an acceptance of this disclaimer equal to that of my own personal signature.
- If I am under the age of 18 on the dates of this event a parent/guardian must sign this form and it must be displayed to the event organisers before I can compete.