MSAD #51 Mission
The mission of MSAD #51 is to guide all students as they acquire enthusiasm for learning, assume responsibility for their education, achieve academic excellence, and discover and attain their personal best.
To accomplish this mission, the MSAD #51 community will collaborate to:
- Use effective instructional practices and provide professional development to assure that all students meet or exceed the District’s Content Standards and Performance Indicators as they relate to the system of Maine Learning Results;
- Ensure a safe and respectful environment where all feel a sense of belonging; and
- Promote parental participation as fundamental to each student’s success.
Core Value Belief Statements
1. We believe in an educational culture that focuses on students and their sustained learning.
- All students will have the opportunity to engage in personalized intellectual work.
- Our curriculum and teaching practices will be rigorous, intellectually engaging, and informed by assessment.
2) We believe students will be motivated to pursue life-long learning in an environment that encourages creativity, communication, collaboration and critical thinking.
- Learning must be promoted anytime, anywhere, and through multiple pathways.
3) We believe the ability to adapt and respond to change is essential.
- If students, staff, and our communities are flexible and proactive, student learning will occur and our system will thrive.
4. We believe in promoting a safe, caring and ethical learning environment.
- Each person will be treated with respect and fairness.
- Individuals are recognized, valued and supported.
5) We believe quality education is an investment in our students, our staff, and our communities.
- We are committed to fiscal responsibility and long-term planning.
- We are committed to providing the highest value education within the resources available.
6. We believe all staff members play an integral part in the education of our students.
- Continuous professional staff development is necessary to achieve our mission.
7. We believe students, staff, families, and community members have a personal and collective responsibility in the educational process.