Ceviche with Mango and Avocado
- 1 pound skinless fish fillets (tilapia, salmon, tuna, halibut, sea bass)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest from 1 lime
- 1/2 cup juice from 4 limes
- 1/2 cup juice from 4 lemons
- 1 small red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped fine
- 1 jalapeño chile (small), stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 medium mango, ¼“dice (about 1 cup)
- 1 large avocado, ¼“dice
- To prepare fish, remove any bones and slice into 1-inch squares about 1/3 inch thick; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine lime zest, lime juice, lemon juice, bell pepper, jalapeño, garlic, and salt. Gently stir in the fish, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until the seafood is firm, opaque, and appears cooked, 45 to 60 minutes, stirring halfway through the marinating time.
- Place the mixture in a fine-mesh strainer, leaving it a little wet, then return to the bowl. Gently stir in the oil, scallions, cilantro, sugar, mango and avocado. Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Yields: 8 servings
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com