THE WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL
THEATER ARTS PROGRAM
Contact instructor Matthew Ballin
for more information or arranging delivery of items at:
(510) 505-7300 ext:67512
(Last Updated 5/4/2013)
Big Ticket Items in Ordeer of Priority:
- PERMANENT ENVIRONMENTAL UNIT HEATING AND COOLING!!!
(We are waiting/hoping for FUSD support on this???)
- New Curtain Runner for our Front Red Curtain
- Hardware Replacements for Old Curtain Runner (Back black Curtain)
- 2 to 8 High Quality Shure Wiereless Lavalier Mics, Packs, and Recievers (and/or help with repair of our broken rack mounted double reciever)
- 4 to 8 Theater Blacks (Thick black curtains to be used as legs and window covering 4ft to 6ft wide, 15ft long)
New 24 channel sound mixer board. Our current board still works but is on its last legs.
(if you turn it off, it takes hours to turn back on again, not a good sign)
- Flooring for the Dressing Room
- Flooring for the House
- Flooring for the Theater Office
- Blackout Curtains to Replace Wood over our Bank of windows (Black on the inside, white on the outside. The Windows run about 75’ Feet along the building and are about 6 ft high.)
- Large Motorized Movie Screen ((about 10’Lx25’wide)
- New Front Curtain and Teaser (35ft by 15ft)
- Permanent Seating, some with fold over desks.
- Permanent Awnings for Outdoor Scene Shop
General Needs/Desires for our program and plays:
- Chordless Power Tools - all types, but more Screw Guns are always welcome. Fond of Milwake Brand and their batteries.
- Hinges (use tons of them)
- XLR or 3-pin audio cable
- Computers Capable of Video and Sound Editing
- Plastic, see through Costume Bins
- Wired Microphones of all Types, but of decent quality.
- Professional Rack Mounted CD Player
- External Hard Drives
- Fog Machines
- Durable Furniture of Decent Quality.
- Replacement Channel on Dim Pack for lighting control (Contact Mr. Ballin for more info)
- A Frame Ladders, Lift, scaffolding- 12ft Plus
- Intelligent Light Fixtures
- Costumes, Props, and Set Pieces
(Please wait for specific requests for shows, however iconic pieces are always welcome. Its hard to explain this but things like replicas of weapons (none real), A spy glass, military uniforms of all types, police uniforms, corsets, nice parasols, mink coats, biker/bomber jackets, ftail coats and tuxedos, a canon, quality fake plants , flowers, or food. Mainly good durable stuff that can be used in a variety of different shows.)