Technology/Discussion Leader: 10% Course Grade
Description: You will also lead the discussion of one set of readings with a partner. The catch is that you will also need to use some form of technology to facilitate the discussion. In essence, you’ll be practicing teaching a new technology while also discussing the content of the readings for that week—a balancing act that any teacher who uses technology in class must do. You and your partner will choose a week to facilitate discussion (based on your interests) and a technology that you can use to facilitate discussion. Please meet with me the week prior to your scheduled class session to finalize a plan for how you will lead discussion. The week after you facilitate, you will submit a reflection in your blog about the design, development, delivery and collaboration process. Due: weekly during discussion and as assigned for the discussion leader.
100 Points Possible
- _____/__10__ Meet with Shelley to Plot & Plan (https://tungle.me/rrodrigo)
- _____/__5___ Draft lesson plan sent to Shelley before P&P meeting
- _____/__10__ Revised lesson plan sent to Shelley before assigned class session
- _____/__20__ Incorporate a technology into the facilitation (beyond the basics of whatever we are using to connect f2f and online students)
- You might present a summary of the resource with a technology (content delivery activity)
- You might have us “do” some activity (like the shared Google Docs jigsaw) in a technology (content learning activity)
- You might have us report out some finalized reflection in a technology (learning assessment activity)
- _____/__30__ Engage thinking and discussion about the assigned readings.
- Get people “working” with the readings so that they spend a little more time engaged with various details from the reading.
(within 1 week, Post in your blog or submit to Shelley via email)
- _____/___5__ What did you learn personally about yourself? teaching? learning?
- _____/__10__ How well did the technology function for you? What would you do different in the future?
- _____/__10__ How engaged was the class in thinking and discussing the readings? How would you better facilitate engagement in the future?