Recipe from:Confessions of a Wannabe Baker
Harry Potter Butterbeer
1c. packed light brown sugar
2 Tbsp. water
6 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1/4 c. heavy whipping cream
4 12 oz. bottle root beer
For whipped cream:
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
- Combine brown sugar and water and bring to a boil.
- Cook until reaches 240 degrees.
- Add butter, salt, vinegar and cream.
- Stir until combined and butter is melted.
- Let cool to room temp.
- With mixer, whip cream and brown sugar for about 3 minutes until thick.
- Put sauce in bottom of the glass (I put a little less than 1/4 c.- next time I might use more because Matt said the root beer flavor was pretty strong)
- Add 1/4c. root beer and stir to combine. The sauce is thick so stir well.
- Then fill glass with remaining root beer.
- Spoon a bit of whipped topping on it and serve.