Black Bean Hummus
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 tablespoons tahini, stirred well
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 small jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 3 (6-inch) pitas
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process cilantro, tahini, water, lime juice, olive oil, cumin, salt, black beans, garlic and jalapeño until combined. Scrape down the bowl and continue to process until the hummus is smooth and creamy.
- Transfer hummus to a serving bowl, sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cilantro. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
- Cut each pita into 8 wedges. Arrange on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 6 minutes, turning once.
Yields: 8 servings (serving size: about 3½ tablespoons hummus and 3 pita wedges, 127 calories per serving)
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com