Herbed Spinach Dip
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 medium scallions, white parts only, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill leaves
- 1/2 cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced fine
- Thaw spinach at room temperature for 1 1/2 hours or place in microwave for 3 minutes at 40 percent power, until edges are thawed but not warm. Break into chunks and squeeze excess water from partially frozen spinach.
- In a food processor, add spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, scallions, dill, parsley, garlic, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Process until creamy and smooth, about 30 seconds. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in red bell pepper. If not serving right away, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Yields: 8 to 10 servings (1 1/2 cups)
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com