KIC - Feb 15, 2011
TIES - Larpenteur Room
Video Streaming Information - mms://rss2000.video.ties2.net:1800
Note: use Windows Media Player on a PC and VLC Player on a Mac.
Is anyone able to get this to work?...”Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct.”
I am having the same error.
Note: VLC on Mac is erroring as well.
NOTE FROM THE STAFF: We are working on resolving the streaming issues. Sorry about the problems this is causing, but tech support is on the job...We will keep you posted -
IT’S ALIVE! Streaming is back.
Note from New Prague... Our network tech had to open a port to get around the firewall. It is working now, but no audio? audio is working. Thanks! Audio was my fault, I’d muted during the break and forgot.
- Staff Development - Differentiating for beginners/advanced
- Michelle Ford - Brooklyn Center
- Stages of Technology Integration for Staff and Students
- Basic Literacy, Intermediate / Adapting, Advanced / Transformational
- Intermediate- same project, but has a technology format
- Transformational- creating content, publishing online, complex communication
- Myth that you have to start teaching the basics with students
- Link to Grappling’s article and pdf by Bernajean Porter that was the basis of Michelle’s document and process.
- Administrative observations - digital forms
- Sean Martinson - Cohasset, MN
- Connection problems, we’ll try again next month.
- Fridley: Danielson model, modified for each grade level, checklists
- Apps for iPad evaluations
- MCREL-template based, tied to Marzano’s strategies (annual fee for app)
- Sales Rep: Lisa Maxfield 303.632.5561
- Marzano's template, designed to use that template, but also customizable; template based
- If you would like to demo the software on your hand-held device, view this short video
- MediaX - template-based, annual fee
- may e-mail results to teachers
- Template based, designed for districts to customize. Select one template to use from a list when beginning observation. Question types: Number, text, pull-down, date, or rubric. Limited to 14 items per template.
- Sales Rep: Kim Hersch 239-404-8050
- Template based, you can pay them extra to develop customizable templates for you, or you can use their template
- eCove: Module based, flexible, inexpensive
- Sales Rep: John Tenny, 1-888-363-2683
- Michelle Ford from Brooklyn Center purchased this one (email me if you want to see how it goes with our first few months of implementation)
- More student-centered than the others. Module based. Can select some modules that appear when observing a particular individual or group. Can upload student database from TSIS and tie observations to students or to staff. Includes many pre-made modules, and a special set of templates for Special Ed; for $12 he will create a new module for you; three main types of tools: scale, checklist, and timers. Once we buy the product, we can create as many modules as we want for free.
- Provides hundreds of self-improvement videos
- iObservation- template-based around Marzano or Danielson
- Marzano templates more checklist based so work better with iPads
- Danielson more documenting all that is observed in written form
- Discussion - Laptops vs. desktops for instructor machines
- District admin & IT like desktop only option, low cost standard, fewer repairs
- Option - give teachers a stipend every year, not a machine, and let them decide what they want? Not tried yet
- ⅓ of responses give teachers the option
- Tech committee/department approval of requests
- Some leave platform and hardware type up to the sites
- does teacher satisfaction matter or should we only look at the numbers?
- Feb 24, 2011
- Osseo & 196 are participants
- Student presentations from around the world
- Love to have participants, viewers and support
- Office 2011 for Mac - anyone using?
- Anoka - pilot, not wide rollout
- 196 - some tech staff or administrators getting it, not wide rollout
- What vendors should I look at for WiFi equipment?
- Participating virtually today...who can I contact to get a clock hours certificate for the TIES conference? I forgot to pick mine up. Chris White, tx
No Lunch & Learn post-meeting presentation.