NCAA Tournament Project
Objective: To research, collect, and organize data generated by the NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship Tournament.
Classes: 8 Pre-Algebra and 9 Algebra I
Teacher: Miss Granholm
Periods: Two and Six
Follow and keep track of the NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship Tournament.
- Analyze your bracket to see what teams you have progressing the furthest in the tournament.
- Select 4 players from teams you think have potential to make it far in the tournament.
- Use the Player List located in the y-drive to assist you.
- Create 4 tables similar to the one demonstrated in the scoring guide (one for each of your players).
- Over the course of the tournament, collect, organize, and calculate the necessary NCAA data.
- Select a college from one participating in the tournament that you may wish to attend one day. Complete the second table demonstrated on the scoring guide.
- Research this college.
- Complete a data table on the college.
- Monday, March 14: Introduce Project and Create Brackets
- March 16-April 5: Research and Data Collection
Computer Lab Times
- Wednesday, April 6: Project Due
- March 13 - 2011 NCAA Tournament Selection Sunday
- March 15 & 16 - First Four/Play-in game(s) @ University of Dayton Arena, Dayton, OH
- March 17, 18, 19 & 20 - First & Second round games
- BOK Center, Tulsa, Oklahoma (Host: University of Tulsa)
- McKale Center, Tucson, Arizona (Host: University of Arizona)
- Pepsi Center, Denver, Colorado (Host: Mountain West Conference)
- Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, Ohio (Host: Cleveland State University)
- St. Pete Times Forum, Tampa, Florida (Host: University of South Florida)
- Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, North Carolina (Host: University of North Carolina at Charlotte)
- United Center, Chicago, Illinois (Host: Big Ten Conference)
- Verizon Center, Washington, D.C. (Host: Georgetown University)
- March 24, 25, 26 & 27 - Sweet 16 & Elite 8
- SOUTHWEST REGIONAL: Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas (Host: University of Texas at San Antonio)
- WEST REGIONAL: Honda Center, Anaheim, California (Host: Big West Conference)
- SOUTHEAST REGIONAL: Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana (Host: Tulane University)
- EAST REGIONAL: Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey (Host: Seton Hall University)
- Reliant Stadium, Houston, TX - co-hosted by Rice University and the University of Houston
- Individual College Admissions Websites