Competitive Team Policies
- When committing to a private lesson slot, you and your partner are responsible for that time slot for the entire semester, even after the competition season ends.
- If you cannot attend a private lesson, you are responsible for finding a replacement dancer/couple, or you must pay for the lesson.
- All switches in private lessons must be approved by the Lesson Coordinator 24 hours in advance.
- To switch lesson times, you must email the team account and copy all dancers involved in the switch (your partner, replacement lead, replacement follow, etc.)
- If you are not able to attend a group lesson, you must receive the Lesson Coordinator’s approval 24 hours in advance.
- You must dance all events within a style and level. The only exception is when you are first moving into a new style/level (with Captain approval).
- In order to progress to a new level, you must consistently place in the finals in your current level.
- You may dance in 2 consecutive levels until you are placing in the top 4 consistently for all dances. At that point, you will be required to dance exclusively in the higher level.
- Changes to dance registration must be approved by the Captain, for non-newcomer dancers, or the Newcomer Coordinator, for newcomer dancers.
- The Captain will help with all partner issues, but she is not responsible for finding partners for every non-newcomer dancer.
- You may not compete with more than 2 partners from our team.
- You may add TBA partners at competitions with Captain approval.
- You do not need Captain approval to change partners within the team, but you must notify her of the change.
- If you are leaving the team (for a semester or permanently), you must notify the Captain and your current partner.
- Drivers must be asked for their preference in copilots. Drivers must be considerate of their passengers, but ultimately, all in-car decisions (when/where stops will be made, music, etc.) will be made by the driver.
- Copilots must have valid drivers licenses, remain awake for the entire trip, navigate, and be willing to act as relief driver if needed. In return, they get shotgun.
- Room leaders are responsible for the room keys, making sure their room is awake and ready at the decided meeting time, and are the final word on any in-room issues (shower order, sleeping arrangements, etc.)
- Room leaders are selected by seniority (first officers, then seniors, juniors, etc.). Should a room leader prove incompetent, they may be skipped in the future.
- If a dancer needs to leave the hotel during our stay, he/she must notify his/her room leader.
- All competitive clothing must be tasteful and appropriate.
- If you leave the ballroom, you must tell your partner AND the Captain or VP where you are going. For good measure, you should probably tell everyone else you see as well....
- Dancers are expected to respect and abide by the decisions of the judges and comp organizers.
- As a team sport, dancers are expected to support and cheer on their teammates while not engaged in dance related activities.