Kahlua Chip Ice Cream
Adapted from Food Network
Yield - approx. 1 1/2 quarts
1 quart half & half
8 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup fresh brewed coffee
1/2 cup Kahlua
8 ounce semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- Place the bowl of your ice cream maker in the freezer overnight.
- Bring the half and half to a simmer in a saucepan.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together until they are pale yellow and fluffy.
- Slowly poured the heated cream into the egg mixture while you are whisking. Mix for at least 5 minutes to cook the eggs.
- Add the vanilla, coffee, and Kahlua and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until cold or overnight.
Directions with the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker attachment
- Take the ice cream maker bowl out of the freezer and assemble. Turn on the mixer. Slowly pour in the ice cream base. Mix for 20 minutes. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Mix for another 5 minutes. Use a rubber scraper to place all the ice cream in a freezer proof container. Freeze until firm.