Espresso Pound Cake with Cranberries and Pecans
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup plus 6 tablespoons unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder or instant coffee
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries, divided
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease bottom and sides of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- Spread the pecans onto a baking sheet and place in preheated oven 7-10 minutes until fragrant. Shake the baking sheet halfway through baking so the nuts will toast evenly. Remove nuts from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and vanilla to blend; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon espresso powder until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. With mixer running, gradually add egg mixture. Add flour mixture in 2 additions, beating on low speed just to blend after each addition. Beat batter 30 seconds on medium speed. Stir in 3/4 cup pecans and 3/4 cup cranberries. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth surface with a rubber spatula.
- Bake until top is golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool completely before serving, at least 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk, and 2 teaspoons espresso powder. Spread glaze over top of cake, allowing some to drip down sides. Sprinkle 1/4 cup nuts and 1/4 cup cranberries over. Let stand until glaze sets, about 20 minutes.
Yields: one loaf
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com