Basic Pizza Dough
Adapted slightly from: America’s Test Kitchen
1. Dissolve 1 packet of dry active yeast into ¼ cup warm water with a pinch of sugar until foamy.
2. Meanwhile pulse (or mix with paddle attachment in your mixer) flour, salt and remaining 1½ cups water to combine. If using a mixer switch to the dough hook. Add yeast mixture until dough forms a rough ball. Let dough rest in the bowl for 2 minutes.
3. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead by hand for 5 minutes until a smooth round ball forms.
4. Transfer to an oiled bowl, covered with a damp cloth until doubled (1 to 1½ hours).
5. Preheat oven to 400 F with your pizza stone in the oven.
6. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 2 pizzas. Using hands stretch your dough to roughly 12 inch pizzas.
7. Transfer to a baking stone that has been lightly dusted with cornmeal or semolina. Brush dough lightly with olive oil before topping.
8. Add desired toppings or bake dough as is to be used later.
9. Reduce heat to 350 F and bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on toppings).
**This recipe can also make 4 individual pizzas, bake for 8-10 minutes