You can now easily search for, and insert Creative Commons-licensed images. In a nutshell, Creative Commons-licensed images can be used for educational purposes free-of-charge. Blackboard will search the popular image sharing website, Flickr.
- In Blackboard’s rich-text editor you will see a new button, “Mashup.” Click this button and,
- Select “Flickr Photo.”
- A new window will pop up to help you search for an image. You can search all the images on Flickr, but if you want to search Creative Commons-licensed images click on the “More Options” button.
- Select “All Creative Commons content” from the “License” menu.
- Enter your search keywords and click the “Go” button.
- When you have found an image that you want to insert, click the “Select” button.
- Choose the “View” you would like. The default is “Thumbnail,” which will show a small image. “Embed Photo” will put a larger size image on your page.
- You can also choose whether or not to include information about the image, such as the Flickr user who took it, the web address for the image, etc.
- Click “Submit.”