VP/Senior Director, Product
Care.com (NYSE: CRCM)
04/2015 - Present
- Led product for consumer business of Care.com, world’s largest “Care” marketplace
- Scaled and managed global product team up to 25 product managers in US & Berlin
- Brought mobile UX and analytical focus to product team, improving end user experience while also improving key metric and speed to success of product launches through regular focus groups, data-driven UX design and better metrics & behavioral analytics
- Led “fail fast” innovation on mobile with new tech & business models for long term growth, including new app launches (Date Night, Spot) and new countries (Australia)
- Developed strategic roadmap for subscription, two-side marketplaces and new models
- Launched industry-first benefits platform which allowed families to contribute a portion of their payment to caregivers health, dental and other everyday expenses
- Launched real-time payments platform, retention/loyalty platform for caregivers, transactional business for occasional sitters & pet care, and an auction-based job application model (similar to ThumbTack, Blacklane) for caregivers, more
- Launched on-demand services for last minute backup care, explored other verticals
SmartShoppr, Inc. (“Sift”)
02/2012 - 01/2015
- Cross-platform Mobile shopping app that leveraged shopping receipts (email), social and location data to create personalized storefronts.
- Raised $2.2M over two funding rounds, rounds led by DN Capital & Tandem Capital with other investors including Sandhill Angels, Unity Ventures, Social Internet Fund
- Launched industry’s first iBeacon, location-aware personalized store experience partnering with with Hudson's Bay / Lord & Taylor that bridged online behavior in store
- 5 star rated app with highly engaged with high retention, minutes spent per week
- Propietary Sift engine automatically mined email for relevant shopping data and used algorithms leveraging past behavior, social and email to create personalized feeds.
VP, Social games
Digital Chocolate, Inc.
07/2008 - 02/2012
- Led social game business on smartphones and tablets (iPhone, iPad, Android) from ground-up - including setting product roadmap, hiring core development and product management team, and developing multiple games across internal and external studios
- Responsible for mobile social game business, which includes direct & indirect management of 50 resources across US, Spain, Finland and India
- Helped lead Digital Chocolate’s successful entries into both iPhone and Facebook by developing initial business plans and leading product management, which led to multiple #1 titles on iPhone and top games on Facebook
- Experience developing core strategic technologies from cross-game & cross-platform services, analytics/metrics dashboard, CRM, patented NanoStar virtual goods platform
- GM of & hired game studio from ground up (30+ resources) across all disciplines
Sr. Product Manager
Gaia Online & PlayFirst
07/2006 - 06/2008
- Product focus on monetization & business model strategy, social/viral features & retention for Gaia Online (largest pre-Facebook teen virtual world and social network with 11M+ users) and PlayFirst (creator of Diner Dash, 500M+ downloads).
Infosys Consulting & Kalypso
01/2006 - 06/2006
- Tech-focused management consultant for ERP transformations, product innovation strategy, pricing strategy, supply-chain optimization, more
- Clients included Microsoft, Limited Brands, Amazon, BP, Johnson & Johnson
eBusiness Mgr/Sr. Engr
Money Management Int’l
12/2000 - 01/2005
- Managed MMI’s primary Internet property, turning it into a multi-million dollar revenue stream and the main customer support channel. Developed product roadmap, assisted with marketing strategy, formed business cases and planned core technology.
- Created and coded products to increase revenue per-user, reduce customer churn, and integrate website with CRM system and call center.
- Self-initiated tech transformation of operations lowered acquisition lead times and costs.
- Lead engineer and back-up DBA with hands-on development
Digital Rhythms, Inc.
1993 - 2001
- Founded Trax In Space in 1993 - a pioneering social network for musicians to self-publish, sell music online and interact in a community with their fans
- Grew from zero to 1.5+ million users/month, raised $2M, grew team to 25+
- Top 1% of “Web’s Most Linked Sites – featured paid music subscriptions, reputation platform, streaming tech, proprietary digital rights & asset management, ad platform
Sr. Software Engineer
1998 - 1999
- Sr. Engineer/engineering manager for oil & gas enterprise platform
Parijat Controlware, Inc.
1993 - 1996
- Software development for oil & gas
University of Texas at Austin, McCombs School of Business 2005 (Austin, TX)
- Masters of Business Administration (Executive MBA), Dean’s Award (3.9/4.0 GPA)
- Youngest graduate ever from UT Austin’s Executive MBA program – May 2005
Houston Baptist University 1998 (Houston, TX)
- B.S. Business Management and Biology double major (completed in 3 years)
- Endowed Academic Scholar (HBU’s most prestigious, full-tuition scholarship)