Full Professor, Digital Designer & Quality Manager
Team & digital project management, instructional web designer, creative & art direction, web graphic illustrator, e-tutor, lecturer, artist.
name/ Valérie Gérard
call/ +32 484 584 526
root/ Rue de la Bruyère fleurie 1, Namur, be
Craving for challenging experience in creative futures.
- Quality & eCampusheaj.be manager at HEAJ University College (since sept. 2013)
- Teaching web graphic design course at ESIAJ (since 2003)
- Consulting designer & manager (since 1999), now at Moove
Summary of Qualifications
- 15+ years of international interactive art direction & graphic design (2,5 years in USA).
- 10+ years of teaching interactive graphic design (to thousand students).
- 5 years of experience as business manager (1-10 creatives, international clients)
- European Master of Arts Degree in Computer Graphics Design Drawing (4 years cursus)
- Certified : e-learning tutor + Higher education teacher + Flash designer.
- Languages : English (fluent at work & family) & French (Belgium, native)
- Creative & opentimistic mind
Universal Music (USA), Universal/Vivendi (BE), ABC Network (USA), Volo Aviation (USA), Greenfield Partners Invest (USA), Dow Corning London fair (UK), SolarisVail Resort (USA), LU biscuits (USA), Maritime’s Aquarium (USA), Warren Miller’s (USA), International Diamond Laboratories (AR), EORTC – European Organization for Research & Treatment of Cancer (BE), Sella & Mosca Wines (IT), Editions Calligram, Gallimard (CH), Films Paul Grimault (FR), LuxAnimation (LU), Wallonie–Bruxelles International (BE), Belgium Minister of Finance Didier Reynders (BE), Editions Dupuis (BE), Kid paddle (BE), HEAJ University College of Graphic Design Techniques (BE), HanPan restaurant (SG), ...
Full Professor, Albert Jacquard University College of Graphic Design, heaj.be, Belgium.
2002 to 2004 (...) & 2006 to Present
- Responsible for Quality coordination (2013-2015)
- Responsible for ecampusheaj.be coordination & Drupal architecture design (2012-2015)
- Responsible for the elearning LMS Chamilo implementation and tutoring (2011-2013)
- Responsible for teaching undergraduate lectures, studio, workshops and online courses; developing and implementing new curricula in the Graphic Design Techniques department
Including courses : Interactive graphic design, Flash animation, UX prototyping, Visual Communication, Drawing, Graphic analysis & conception, …
- Collaboration on various school departments websites design
Freelance Interaction & Graphic Designer, moove.be - 1999 - 2014
Agency Owner, Creative Director, moove.be - 2006-2008
- Responsible for accounts management : USA & Belgian advertising agencies & clients
- Responsible for team management of web designers, web developers and artists (employees, contractors and trainees)
- Responsible for web + art direction on various projects including:
Community Websites & CMS conception to completion : Typennington.com, ABC network, USA; Fringles.com Dating network, USA / Website and kiosk conception to completion for Solarisvail.com (Luxury resort condominiums and commercial center, CO, USA.) / Website & CMS conception to completion of Festival du Court-Métrage de Namur, BE / Website & CMS development management of Picogrande Productions, BE / Website reel motion and interactive contents, NeuroTV, BE
- Responsible for conception to completion of numerous design projects
(identities, websites layouts, interactive animations, illustrations, ...) including :
Ambiances Film Production — (UX design on a Web documentary) / ingridvwr.be, Ingrid von Wantoch Rekowski, Opera director : responsive website design / EORTC.org, European Organization for Research & Treatment of Cancer, website art direction / Studyinbelgium.be, Wallonie-Bruxelles Campus identity & website art direction / UCM.be, Corporate & journal websites UX Design : wireframes / UCM, QCM : 24x4" 2D animation & character designs / luciliacaesar.be, National Theater’s company : identity & website art direction / Benoit Félix, ça nous regarde.
Art Director, Waypoint.be (international design strategy consulting), 2006
- Responsible for creative designs conception and flash developments, including :
Website and kiosk designs for Dow Corning @ 100% design fair, London, UK / Logo conception for International Diamond Laboratories, Dubai, AR / Website animation for Fr-One Worldwide fabric standard.
Senior Interactive Designer, dogsname.com (advertising), Connecticut / USA, 2005-2006
- Responsible for Dogsname website design
- Responsible for conception to completion of Flash websites design, AS programming, banner ads, logos design, and illustrations on numerous luxury projects including : Music Industries (Universal music / Lost highway records : Ryan adams, ...) / Luxury Real Estate companies (Greenfield partners, ...) / Various advertising campaigns under NDA.
Senior Interactive Designer, kunuku s.a. (edutainment), Luxemburg, 2002-2003
- Responsible for corporate branding development and website design
- Responsible for conception to completion of flash websites, CD-ROM’s, and games including: Famous French director Paul Grimault's official website, France / 9 CD-ROM promotional games for the Kid Paddle cartoon, for Dupuis Publishing, Belgium / 6 CD-ROM edutainment games for Calligram, Switzerland / LuxAnimation Studio's website, Luxemburg / Cotoon's Group website, Belgium
Interactive Graphic Designer, Interligne Multimedia Department, Belgium, 2002
- Responsible for design of Interligne Multimedia branding & interactive communication
- Responsible for clients projects includ. : Didier Reynders's website design, Federal Finance Minister, Be.
Interactive Graphic Designer, Neuroplanet / Neuromedia Group (feature Films, interactive 3D, Interactive TV), Belgium, 2000-2001
- Responsible for Neuroplanet Corporate website design & movies promotional websites, offline interactive sales presentations, cartoon animations, newsletters design including :
Petit Potam Long feature animation film website game design
- Responsible for clients projects including :
Responsible for Art direction for "Le NOL", flash game for Allocine Belgium (Vivendi/Universal).
Designed the user interface of the interactive weather channel of CANAL+ (Vivendi/Universal)
European Master in Drawing (Computer Graphics Design)
Beaux-Arts Academy of Tournai, Belgium, 1996-2000
Digital Drawing and Painting, 2D/3D Animation, Visual Communication and Multimedia
Focus : edutainement projects (interactive and motion design)
- e-Learning tutor - CRIFA, University of Liège, 2013.
- Macromedia Flash MX 2004 designer Certification, 2005
- Adult Teaching Certification (C.A.P.A.E.S) - University of Namur, Belgium, 2004
- e-Learning tutor - a semester, CRIFA, Liège University – 2013
- Instructional design technology - 20h, University of Bridgeport, CT, USA – 2004
- Programming initiation with C#.net – 36h – Yale University, CT, USA – 2004
- XML initiation – 16h – Cepegra, Belgium - 2003
- Flash ActionScript initiation – 16h - Cepegra, Belgium – 2001
- Communication and Production Management - 39h - Cepegra, Belgium - 2001
- Instructional Graphic Designer Trainee 1 month – Definition, Be – 2000
Responsible for Flash illustration, graphics animation and video integration in Web-CT e-learning platform
Foreign Internship (6 month)
- Illustrator / Graphic Designer trainee, Peoples Business Center, Pennsylvania, USA, 1995
- Painting: Evening Studios, Beaux-Arts Academy of Namur, Belgium, 1994
- Visual Arts: Fourth secondary year, IATA, Namur, Belgium, 1992
- Drawing: Saturday studios, Beaux-Arts Academy of Namur, Belgium, 1989-1991
Languages / English (fluent) & French (native)
Techniques & interests
I’m specialized in :
- Design management : research, conception, creative direction /project & team management, reporting.
- Art direction, Graphic design & illustration, ideation : Identities, Prototypes, UI layouts & icons, UX wireframes, flowcharts, sitemaps, sketches & drawings, digital photography
I’m proficient in :
- Drupal CMS w/ HTML / CSS / JS
- Illustration, Graphic Design, 2D animation / interaction with Adobe Flash
I have also enjoyed working with various tools, including :
- Operating Systems : Mac OS & iOS, Windows, Linux.
- Office & management tools : Google Apps, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Apple Keynotes, BasecampHQ, Webmeeting applications (Webex, skype, teamviewer), Delicious bookmarks, zillion of checking lists and Heavy loaded Frozen hazelnut flavored lattes.
- Adobe Creative suite : Flash / AS script, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Premiere, Acrobat PDF’s, Dreamweaver, Edge, ...
- Multimédia : Nikon’s Digital photography, Apple Final cut’s studio pro, Sound editing with Cool Edit Pro / Sound forge, 3Ds MAX, Quark Xpress.
“Valérie is nothing short of brilliant. She's a top notch designer and a smashing professional,
not to mention her positive attitude and dedication” — Luke Scott (MadisonMott CEO)
“Tout au long de mon cursus scolaire à la Haute Ecole Albert Jacquard, j'ai eu l'occasion de connaître Valérie en tant que professeur. Poste qu'elle occupe très bien grâce à sa motivation et sa passion du web et du monde créatif.” — Laurent Vincent (étudiant HEAJ)