Interaction Graphic Designer & University College Professor
Management, Art direction, Graphic design, Interaction UX/UI design, content strategy, Instructional design, Animation, Illustration
Valérie Gérard's resume / curriculum vitae
To reach me, please email email@example.com, tweet me @moove or call +32 484 584 526
- Focusing on instructional technology design, content strategy, web architecture & UX design sketching, Drupal CMS
- Teaching web graphic design drawing course at esiaj.eu University College
- Consulting as Interaction Graphic Designer (moove.be)
Summary of Qualifications
- >10 years of international interactive graphic design & art direction (2 years in USA).
- 8 years of experience in teaching interactive graphic design (thousand students).
- 5 years of experience in team management (1-10 creatives) + business ownership (moove.be)
- European Master Degree in Drawing Computer Graphics Design (4 years cursus)
- Certified e-learning instructor at CRIFA, Liège University
- Certified Higher education teacher (Belgium CAPAES)
- Certified Flash designer.
- Excellent drawing and creative skills.
- Fluent in French and English.
- Universal Music (USA), Universal/Vivendi (BE)
- ABC Network, Ty Pennington (USA)
- SolarisVail, Center of Colorado Vail Resort (USA)
- EORTC – European Organization for Research & Treatment of Cancer (BE)
- ESIAJ.eu (University College, BE)
- Dow Corning (International Chemicals, BE)
- Belgium Minister of Finance, Didier Reynders (BE)
- Wallonie–Bruxelles International (BE)
- Les éditions Dupuis, Kidpaddle (BE)
- Films Paul Grimault (FR)
- Editions Calligram, Gallimard (CH)
- International Diamond Laboratories (Dubai, AR)
- UCM (BE)
Professor, Albert Jacquard University College of Design, infographie-sup.be, Belgium.
2002>2004 & 2006>Present
- Responsible for Quality coordination (2013-2014)
- Responsible for e-campus coordination & architecture design (2012-2013)
- Responsible for LMS implementation and tutoring (2011-2013)
- Responsible for teaching undergraduate lectures, studio, workshops and online courses; developing and implementing new curricula in the Graphic Design Techniques department
Including courses : Interactive graphic design, Flash animation, UX prototyping, Visual Communication, Drawing, Graphic analysis & conception, …
- Collaboration on various schools websites design
Freelance Web Graphic Designer (portfolio: moove.be) - 1999 - Present
- Responsible for conception to completion of numerous design projects (identities, websites layouts, interactive animations, illustrations, ...) including :
- Ambiances Film Production — (UX design on a Web documentary)
- Ingrid von Wantoch Rekowski, Opera director : responsive website design (ingridvwr.be)
- EORTC.org, European Organization for Research & Treatment of Cancer (website art direction)
- Studyinbelgium.be, Wallonie-Bruxelles Campus (identity & website art direction)
- UCM.be, Corporate & journal websites (UX Design : wireframes)
- UCM, QCM : 24x4" 2D animation & character designs
- National Theater’s company : www.luciliacaesar.be (identity & website art direction)
Agency Owner, Creative Director (moove.be), 2006-2008
- Responsible for accounts management USA advertising agencies and belgian companies
- Responsible for team management of web designers, web developers and artists (employees, contractors and trainees)
- Responsible for art direction on various projects including:
- Community Website and CMS conception to completion, Typennington.com, ABC network, USA.
- Community Website and CMS conception to completion, dating website Fringles.com, USA.
- Website and kiosk conception to completion for Solarisvail.com (Luxury resort condominiums and commercial center, CO, USA.)
- Website and CMS conception to completion of Festival du Court-Métrage de Namur, BE.
- Website and CMS development management of Picogrande Productions, BE.
- Website reel motion and interactive contents, NeuroTV, BE
Freelance Art Director, Waypoint.be (international design strategy consulting), 2006
- Responsible for creative designs conception and flash developments, including :
- Website and kiosk designs for Dow Corning @ 100% design fair, London, UK.
- Logo conception for International Diamond Laboratories, Dubai, AR.
- Website animation for Fr-One Worldwide fabric standard.
Senior Interactive Designer, dogsname.com (advertising), Connecticut / USA, 2005-2006
- Responsible for Dogsname website design
- Responsible for conception to completion of Flash websites design, AS programming, banner ads, logos design, and illustrations on numerous luxury projects including :
- Music Industries (Universal music / Lost highway records : Ryan adams, ...)
- Luxury Real Estate companies (Greenfield partners, ...)
- Various advertising campaigns under NDA.
Senior Interactive Designer, kunuku s.a. (edutainment), Luxemburg, 2002-2003
- Responsible for corporate branding development and website design
- Responsible for conception to completion of flash websites, CD-ROM’s, and games including:
- Famous French director Paul Grimault's official website, France
- 9 CD-ROM promotional games for the Kid Paddle cartoon, for Dupuis Publishing, Belgium
- 6 CD-ROM edutainment games for Calligram, Switzerland
- LuxAnimation Studio's website, Luxemburg
- Cotoon's Group website, Belgium
Interactive Graphic Designer, Interligne Multimedia Department, Belgium, 2002
- Responsible for design of Interligne Multimedia branding & interactive communication
- Responsible for clients projects including :
- Didier Reynders's website design, Federal Finance Minister, Belgium
Interactive Graphic Designer, Neuroplanet / Neuromedia Group (feature Films, interactive 3D, Interactive TV), Belgium, 2000-2001
- Responsible for Neuroplanet Corporate website design & movies promotional websites, offline interactive sales presentations, cartoon animations, newsletters design including :
- Petit Potam Long feature animation film website game design
- Responsible for clients projects including :
- Responsible for Art direction for "Le NOL", flash game for Allocine Belgium (Vivendi/Universal).
- Designed the user interface of the interactive weather channel of CANAL+ (Vivendi/Universal)
European Master in Drawing (Computer Graphics Design)
Beaux-Arts Academy of Tournai, Belgium, 1996-2000
Digital Drawing and Painting, 2D/3D Animation, Visual Communication and Multimedia
Focus : edutainement projects (interactive and motion design)
- e-learning tutor - CRIFA, University of Liège, 2013.
- Adult Teaching Certification (C.A.P.A.E.S) - University of Namur, Belgium, 2004
- Macromedia Flash MX 2004 designer Certification, 2005
- Distance learning tutoring - a semester, CRIFA, Liège University – 2013
- Instructional design technology - 20h, University of Bridgeport, CT, USA – 2004
- Programming initiation with C#.net – 36h – Yale University, CT, USA – 2004
- XML initiation – 16h – Cepegra, Belgium - 2003
- Flash ActionScript initiation – 16h - Cepegra, Belgium – 2001
- Communication and Production Management - 39h - Cepegra, Belgium - 2001
- Instructional Graphic Designer Trainee (1 month) – Definition (e-learning), Belgium – 2000 Responsible for illustration, graphics animation and video integration in Web-CT e-learning platform
- Illustrator / Graphic Designer trainee, Peoples Business Center, Pennsylvania, USA, 1995
- Painting: Evening Studios, Beaux-Arts Academy of Namur, Belgium, 1994
- Visual Arts: Fourth secondary year, IATA, Namur, Belgium, 1992
- Drawing: Saturday studios, Beaux-Arts Academy of Namur, Belgium, 1989-1991
Techniques & interests
I’m specialized in :
- Web design consulting : project management, team coordination, UX/UI design & art direction
- Web graphic design : UI layouts using Adobe Creative suite & webapps (invision, pixelapse, …)
- Web conception : UX wireframes & prototypes, flowcharts, sitemaps, ...
- Sketches & drawings with pencils, pens, Wacom and Ipad apps
I’m proficient in :
- HTML / CSS integration, mostly with Drupal CMS websites.
- Illustration, Graphic Design, 2D animation / interaction with Adobe Flash
- Digital Photography
I have also enjoyed working with various tools, including :
- Operating Systems : Mac OS & iOS, Windows, Linux.
- Adobe Creative suite : Flash + Action script, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Dreamweaver, Premiere, Acrobat PDF’s
- Multimédia : Nikon’s Digital photography, Apple Final cut’s studio pro, Sound editing with Cool Edit Pro / Sound forge, 3Ds MAX, Quark Xpress.
- Office & management tools : Google Apps, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Apple Keynotes, BasecampHQ, Webmeeting applications, Delicious bookmarks, zillion of checking lists and Frozen hazelnut flavored lattes.
- English (fluent) & French (Belgium, native)
Valérie is nothing short of brilliant. She's a top notch designer and a smashing professional, not to mention her positive attitude and dedication — Luke Scott (dogsname CEO)
Tout au long de mon cursus scolaire à la Haute Ecole Albert Jacquard, j'ai eu l'occasion de connaître Valérie en tant que professeur. Poste qu'elle occupe très bien grâce à sa motivation et sa passion du web et du monde créatif. — Laurent Vincent (étudiant HEAJ)
Valérie Gérard's resume / curriculum vitae
To reach me, please email via firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet @moove or call +32 484 584 526
www.valeriegerard.be, www.moove.be, be.linkedin.com/in/valeriegerard
Thank you for your interest — version 2014.02.09