Sending email from an alternate address
Gmail's custom 'From:' feature lets you use Gmail to send messages with another of your email addresses listed as the sender in place of your default email address.
To set up your alternate address:
- Sign in to your Fredmail account.
- Click Settings along the top of the page, and select the Accounts tab
- Under “Send mail as”, click “Add another email address you own”
- Enter your name as you want it to show when you send a message
- Enter the email address
- Click Next Step
- To Verify your email address Click “Send Verification”
- Instructions are sent on how to verify your address
- Select “Make default” if you want to send messages using that address by default
- If you want to automatically reply using the address to which a message was sent, under the heading “When receiving a message:”, select the button to Reply from the same address the message was sent to.
To use a verified custom 'From:' address when composing a new message, pick an address from the drop-down menu in the 'From:' field. If you're replying or forwarding, click change next to the 'From:' field first.