Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus 1/2 teaspoon for griddle
- 1 cup blueberries, divided between nine pancakes
- Heat griddle to 375 degrees. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl. Add eggs, buttermilk, and 4 tablespoons butter; whisk to combine. Batter should have small to medium lumps. Do not over-mix.
- Heat oven to 175 degrees. Test griddle by sprinkling a few drops of water on it. If water bounces and spatters off griddle, it is ready to use. Using a pastry brush, brush remaining 1/2 teaspoon of butter onto griddle.
- Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, pour batter, onto griddle 2 inches away from one other. Sprinkle blueberries over the pools of batter. When pancakes have bubbles on top and are slightly dry around edges, about 2 1/2 minutes, flip over. Cook until golden on bottom, about 1 minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter, keeping finished pancakes on a heatproof plate in oven. Serve warm.
** you can substitute buttermilk for 3 cups milk and 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com