OpenStreetMap Foundation

Communications Working Group Meeting

   

6th September 2010,

21:00- GMT (22:00 - CET)

Dial-in

AGENDA & MINUTES

           Draft

Present: Emilie Laffray, Harry Wood, Richard Weait

Apologies: Oliver Kühn

1

Adoption of previous minutes

Previous minutes:

Propose: Emilie

Seconded: Harry

None opposed

Previous minutes were accepted and may be published.

2

Matters Arising:

Communications channels (in progress)

Continue work on comm channel list, focus on OSMF Board -> community channels

3

Finalise agenda for this call.

Empty.

4

Any other business

Empty.

4.1

Emile suggests French foundation (similar to EFF)

Site and newsletter as an example of a detailed and effective

communication program.    http://www.april.org/

4.2

Emilie recalls that the Foundation logo contest still continues.

Should this be moved forward?  Emilie to ask board if the CWG should

start moving the logo competition forward.

Harry wonders if we should restrict ourselves to a logo that

incorporates the existing OSM logo.

4.3

Emilie to look at OSMF wiki with an eye towards arranging / refining it.

Harry suggests a narrower focus for OSMF wiki, much more a CMS that

happens to be a wiki.

Harry suggests checking relative content on pages that share names on

both wikis.

4.4

Harry suggests OSMF Wiki to look "different" than main OSM wiki.

Emilie to follow up on a design / skin to reduce confusion when

changing between foundation and main wikis.

5

Next meeting.

Monday 13 September 2010,

2100BST, 2200CET, 1600EDT