OpenStreetMap Foundation

Communications Working Group Meeting

   

11th July 2011,

21:00- GMT (22:00 - CET)

Dial-in

AGENDA & MINUTES

Draft

Present: Richard Weait, Harry Wood, Charlotte

Apologies: Absent: Hurricane, Oliver

Responsible for OSMF newsletter input:

Public to newsletter

1

Adoption of previous minutes

Minutes of 27th June 2011:

https://docs.google.com/a/osmfoundation.org/document/d/1NyYGs-wYmMqxjkY087avK_8tmuyif0-jRGfXnvLhbkg/edit?authkey=CIfZwtMI&hl=en_US&pli=1

Propose: Richard Weait

Seconded:  Charlotte

None opposed

[ ]

2

Matters Arising:

[ ]

3

Finalise agenda for this call.

[ ]

4

Any other business

none

[ ]

4.1

skins & themes update

ACTION ITEM:  Ongoing. Harry will investigate redirects and restructuring of the site to allow wordpress to host key content pages (and translations), but without the blog prefix

[ ]

4.2

Developing copy for foundation site

[ ]

Ongoing review of http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Talk:FAQ 

ACTION ITEM:  Ongoing. need to put in tabular format, and writing little summaries of topics

We discussed whether we need a press page and how to distinguish between a page on the foundation site, and the fairly well developed wiki page: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Press

ACTION ITEM: Ongoing. Everyone have a think about which areas of content we could work on next. Also what should a ‘Press’ page on the OSMF site aim to achieve. Questions it should aim to answer, also how should it compare with/differ from

ACTION ITEM: Charlotte to work on drafting some content, drawing on pre-existing content from elsewhere (including wiki link above)

4.3

Management Meeting next Friday

Richard will attend along with harry phoning in

ACTION ITEM Harry to email Richard the details.

4.4

Blog post about “management meetings” restructuring

New “management meetings” idea. Awaiting board meeting discussions

Richard is coordinating a consultation about this plan.

4.5

Talk-au Mailing list moderation

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-au/2011-July/date.html#8350

http://opengeodata.org/hitting-reset-on-talk-au

CWG is moderating talk-au@, Richard is taking the lead on this.

ACTION ITEM Richard to email harry sign in details

5

Next meeting.

Monday 18th July 2010,  2100BST, 2200CET, 1600EDT, 2000UTC 1400MDT

[ ]