Peanut Butter Cups
Makes about 30 peanut butter cups
* 2 cups semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup softened peanut butter
1. Melt chocolate chips using a double broiler. If you do not have a double broiler, I like to fill a small saucepan with water, bring it to a boil and then place a glass bowl over the saucepan so that the water barely touches the bottom of the glass bowl. Lower the heat to the lowest setting and slowly stir the chocolate chips until all are melted.
2. Once all the chocolate chips are melted, fill each candy mold about 1/3 of the way full and then using a small paint brush, spread the melted chocolate all the way up the mold's sides. It should be a coating about 1/8 of an inch thick.
3. Place the chocolate covered molds in the freezer until it has hardened, about 5 minutes.
4. Place about 1/2 tsp of peanut butter in each mold. Lastly, cover the peanut butter layer with about 1/2 tsp of melted chocolate. Spread to make sure its covered completely. Freeze until firm, about 10-15 minutes.
5. Carefully flip over and gently press each peanut butter cup out of the candy molds. Store refrigerated.