Gluten-Free, Vegan Whole-Grain Bread
2/3 cup sorghum flour
1/3 cup potato starch
1/3 cup millet flour
2 Tbsp. sweet white rice flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. xanthan gum
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 Tbsp. flax seed meal
2 Tbsp. coconut milk
3/4 cup + 1 Tbsp. apple cider
2/3 cup cooked quinoa, mung beans, or a combination of both
3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, xanthan gum, and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flax seed meal, coconut milk, and 1 Tbsp. of apple cider. Allow to sit for a couple of minutes.
- Whisk the grapeseed oil, apple cider, and quinoa (or mung beans) into the flax seed mixture.
- With a fork, stir the wet ingredients into the dry until well combined.
- Pour into two greased mini-loaf pans (I haven't tried this yet with a regular bread pan, but if you do, let me know how the baking time worked.)
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Find the original recipe at The Daily Dietribe.