Parent Forum Archives
Meeting Summary, January 2019
Meeting Summary, December 2018
Meeting Summary, November 2018
Meeting Summary, October 2018
Meeting Summary, May 2018, highlights of ‘State of the School,’ Bell’s new internal collaboration calendar, Bell’s language offerings, Allergy Awareness week, Bell’s attendance info, future plans, etc, Parent Forum attendance, Bell’s June Field Day--volunteers needed.
Meeting Summary, April 2018, LSC election, 5 Essentials survey, parking/traffic, co-counselor/case manager, ‘hate’ speech, committee updates, cell phone policy
- Meeting Summary, March 2018: PARCC, gala, spring sports, high school acceptances, kiss and go traffic, national school walkout.
- Meeting Summary, February 2018: Communications, school play, Deaf culture, homework, grades, security.
- Meeting Summary, January 2018: Communications, parent engagement, testing, photos.
- Meeting Summary, December 2017: Diverse learners, school website, school shows, testing.
- Meeting Summary, November 2017: Halloween, haunted house, communications, Family Fun Night, photos, yearbook
- Meeting Summary, October 2017: Security, three programs--one school, science fair, sports
- Meeting Summary, September 2017: Fifth grade class size, sports communication, American Sign Language
- Meeting Summary, April 2017: Steppin, CPS sports, Valentine’s Day telegrams
- Meeting Summary, March 2017: Breakfast after the bell, fundraising for class trips, lunchroom, end of school year, MAP test, sports update
- Meeting Summary, February 2017 : ASL, budget cuts, breakfast after the bell, report card pick up
- Meeting Summary, January 2017: Student directory, 7th grade science fair, math and enrichment, technology.
- Meeting Summary, December 2016: Room parents, Bell School’s 100th birthday, homework over school breaks.
- (No meeting, November 2016)
- Meeting Summary, October 2016: Options program feedback, 8th grade eligibility letters, technology, homework, dress code, budget.
- Meeting Summary, September 2016: Meet the teacher day, summer homework, and dress code.
- Meeting Summary, April 2016: Day of Action, school lunch, and presentation from Ms. Lemi-Ola Erinkitola geared toward Options parents.
- Meeting Summary, March 2016: P.E. scheduling, morning announcements, ASL, foreign language, focus on diverse learners and learning services department.
- Meeting Summary, February 2016: Social-emotional support for students, traffic safety, 8th grade graduation.
- Meeting Summary, January 2016: Role of room parents, traffic safety. Options portion of meeting: Options coordinator, Options communication/meetings, PALM program, Bell chess club.
- Meeting Summary, December 2015: Before-school care, future Parent Forum meetings for Options and diverse learners, special education positions, CPS budget, math, nursing.
- Meeting Summary, November 2015: School tours, recess and discipline, sports communication, fee-based programs, and more.
- Meeting Summary October 2015: Enrollment numbers, special education funding, CPS budgeting issues, and school sports.
- Meeting Summary September 2015: Bell sports, After-School All Stars stopping, 8th grade math, busing, traffic, before-school care.
- Meeting Summary May 2015: LSC parent survey results, technology committee, homework committee, kindergarten play dates
- Meeting Summary April 2015: 8th grade video and graduation, social and emotional wellbeing, teacher appreciation week, traffic volunteers, standardized testing.
- Meeting Summary March 2015: Traffic control, homework, diversity and tolerance education, and more.
- Meeting Summary February 2015: Vaccinations, social media, PARCC and more.
- Meeting Summary January 2015: kindergarten choice time, PARCC, MAP testing, math textbooks, and more
- Meeting Summary October 2014: Common Core State Standards and what’s happening at Bell; a culture of inclusion; recess; homework; spelling; school safety drills
- Meeting Summary September 2014: parent volunteering, homework policy, evening disturbances from the playground, sign-language instruction, lunch, nursing, and more
- Meeting Summary May 2014: new PE policy for the fall, scheduling changes for 2014-15, spring 2014 MAP testing and online assessments in general, school funding, new teacher hires, math books, and more
- Meeting Summary April 2014: adjusting to some of the challenges of a 1,000+ student school, parent volunteers, teacher appreciation week, sign-language instruction, school fees for 2014-15, MAP testing, and more PLUS an options-program update
- Meeting Summary March 2014: Unity Committee, MAP testing, construction news, group projects, student fees, and more
- Meeting Summary February 2014: standardized testing (including MAP testing), building addition news, and CPS’s new PE policy
- Meeting Summary January 2014: high-stakes standardized testing, options-department changes, math curriculum, and more
- Meeting Summary December 2013: home-school communications, parent portal, and a variety of topics related to special education, including RTI
- Meeting Summary November 2013: parent-to-parent mentoring program, standardized testing, Common Core vertical alignment, walking math and more
- Meeting Summary October 2013: report-card pick-up registration via Volunteerspot, Reach for the Red ticket trolley, and more, plus options-program parent meeting news (next steps without options program coordinator position, vertical alignment, math instruction, transitioning from one grade to the next in the options program)
Return to the Bell website.