- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a deep skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic until tender; remove from skillet and set aside. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to skillet and swirl to coat. Add rice and saute until brown.
- Add the onion mixture back to the skillet and stir in water and tomatoes. Season with chili powder, cumin and salt. Cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed.
Yields: 4 servings
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com