Student: Reviewing Quizzes Moodle ISU
The quiz tool in Moodle ISU can be used to assess learning. Sometimes assessments can be titled differently by your instructors. They might be called exams, tests, quizzes, etc. In this guide we will be using the term Quiz.
This guide will help you to understand:
- Review a Quiz Attempt
- Review of Attempts Page
- Navigating to a Question from the Summary of Attempts Page
- General Information
- Question Answer/Feedback Area
Additional guides for more information about quizzes:
Review a Quiz Attempt
To view a quiz once it has been completed:
- Two options to access the quiz:
- Click on the quiz that you wish to view from the week it was posted.
- If your course has an Activities block, Click on Quizzes and then Select the quiz that you wish to view.
Note: You will be taken to a Summary of Previous Attempts page that shows the quiz and the attempts made.
- Click on the word Review to be taken to the Review of Attempts page.
Note: Instructors may choose to disable quiz review options. If you do not see the option to review your quiz attempt, contact your instructor.
Review of Attempts Page
The Review of Attempts page will show several informational tools available to you. Information on the summary of attempts page includes:
- Quiz Navigation Block
- Question Answers/Feedback
- General Information
- Flag Option
Navigating to a Question from the Summary of Attempts Page
There are two options to navigate to questions:
- Locate the Quiz Navigation block and Click on the number that you wish to view. The question will appear in the Question Answer/Feedback Area.
- Alternatively, you can Scroll through the questions in the Question Answer/Feedback Area until you find the question that you wish to view.
- The Quiz Navigation block will allow you to view quiz questions by selecting the question number listed in the Navigation block. You can also view all of the questions on one page by Clicking on Show all questions on one page.
- The question numbers will be color-coordinated to show the ones you answered correctly (green), the ones that were answered incorrectly (pink), partially-correct answers (yellow), and questions left unanswered (gray).
- When reviewing your attempt you can navigate back to the homepage by Clicking on the Finish Review link.
Question Answer/Feedback Area
Once in the Review Attempts Page you will be able to see:
- The questions from the quiz
- Your answer
- The correct answer
- Any feedback or notes that your instructor has left for the question.
Note: You will only see information on this screen that has been released by the instructor. Please contact your instructor with any questions.
General Information About the Quiz Attempt
- Started on: Lists the day of the week, month, day, year, and time that the quiz was started.
- Completed on: Lists the day of the week, month, day, year, and time that the quiz was completed.
- Time Taken: States the amount of time that it took you to complete the quiz.
- Marks: States the number of questions that you answered correctly out of the number of questions available.
- Grade: States the number of questions that you answered correctly out of the number of questions available. The grade area will also give you a percentage earned for the quiz.
If you have any additional questions regarding Moodle ISU, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 282-HELP (4357) or your instructor.
This work was done by Instructional Technology Resource Center at Idaho State University and is licensed under the Creative Commons Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit Attribution Noncommercial 3.0 United States or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.