Toasted Coconut, Toffee and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Heath toffee bits
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Toast the coconut by spreading onto a rimmed sheet pan. Toast stirring frequently, until the coconut is an even brown color, about 8 minutes. Set coconut aside to cool.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or spray them with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and brown sugar on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla extract, coconut extract, and egg. Slowly add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in toasted coconut, toffee bits, and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cookies start to brown around the edges. Remove from pan, and cool completely on wire racks.
Yields: 2 dozen cookies
Note-if you can’t find Heath Toffee Bits you can chop up Heath or Skor candy bars.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com