SCCT PRODUCTION STAFF
Vocal Music Director
This position reports to the Director. All production/artistic staff positions ultimately report to the producers. In the event of irresolvable disputes among the production/artistic staff, the decision of the Producers shall be final.
- Provide vocal music direction for arena theatre production.
- In consultation with the Vocal Music Director and Director, prepare for and conduct open auditions and participate in the casting session on the dates determined by the Board of Directors.
- Assure continuity between the musical portion of the production and the Director’s concept for the production.
- Assure musical continuity from rehearsals to production in consultation with the Orchestra Conductor.
- Coordinate musical portion of the production with Choreographer and provide recorded accompaniment as necessary, reflecting any changes or edits.
- Develop rehearsal schedule with Stage Manager, in consultation with Director and Choreographer. Schedule must comply with SCCT rules regarding rehearsals. The Producers must approve any exceptions.
- Coordinate schedule for Rehearsal Pianist in consultation with Stage Manager.
- Coordinate schedule for joint rehearsals of cast and orchestra with Conductor, in consultation with Stage Manager, Director, and Choreographer.
- Conduct all vocal music rehearsals with cast.
- Conduct joint music/choreography sessions with Choreographer as necessary.
- Attend production meetings.
- Attend all technical and dress rehearsals.
- Must possess strong background in voice or vocal direction, especially for musical theatre. Professional voice/choral teaching experience is preferred.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of singing/musical ability.
- Must possess strong oral communication skills and be able to work in a team-oriented, community theatre environment composed of volunteers and professionals of varying ages and levels of talent.
- Must have or be willing to apply for Act 33 (Pennsylvania Child Abuse History) and Act 34 (Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Check) clearances.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are age 21 or older.
- The Vocal Music Director is expected to enforce and follow the rules and regulations established by the Board of Directors as well as to promote the educational mission of SCCT.
- An honorarium of $400 will be paid to the Vocal Music Director on opening night.
- If the Vocal Music Director leaves the production before opening night, the honorarium may be forfeited or reduced at the discretion of the Producers in consultation with the Board of Directors.