Whitefish Community Garden, Inc.
PO box 5415
Whitefish, MT 59937
Garden Member Contract
Dear Gardener, thank you for your support of Whitefish Community Garden. Please read this contract and rules. If you agree, sign and return this contract with your dues to the PO box address.
Whitefish Community Garden, Attn Membership
PO Box 5415
Whitefish, MT 59937.
Remember that Whitefish Community Garden is an All Volunteer Organic Garden. By signing this contract you agree to abide by the posted rules and volunteer at least 6 hours.
Seasonal dues: $50. This helps to pay for amendments, utilities, lawn care, and maintenance.
Financial assistance is available. If you would like to apply please let Membership Coordinator know when you submit your contract.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
April 15: Returning members must submit this signed contract and dues by April 15th to reserve your plot from last year. After April 15, any plots that do not have a signed contract and paid dues become available to new and returning members on a first come first served basis according to order in which the postmarked contract and dues are received at the PO Box.
Opening Day: Opening day will be Saturday, April 26. Make sure that you have entered your email on the web site to follow all garden news and alerts. If all beds have been assigned, we will add you to the wait list. The board will then consider permitting construction of new beds. More information on opening day activities will be posted on the website.
June 1: Garden beds must be planted by June 1. After June 1st any unplanted or unrented beds will be designated as Food Bank Beds. As such these beds will be planted and harvested by volunteers for the North Valley Food Bank. If you have circumstances that prohibit you from planting by the June 1st deadline, please let Membership Coordinator know by email, so that an exception can be made.
Whitefish Community Garden Rules:
* All garden members agree to donate 10% of their harvest to the North Valley Food Bank. Every Thursday morning at 9 am volunteers will pick from all the beds. Pickers will avoid your nicer veggies. If you have a prize vegi or you want pickers to bypass your bed that week, please post one of the do not pick flags in your bed. Flags can be found in the garden shed.
* All garden members are required to provide at least 6 hours of volunteer labor toward the general garden work. This does not include weeding in and around your bed. Volunteer opportunities include participating in work days, picking and delivering food bank donations on Thursday mornings at 9am, caring for a food bank plot or community plot, and mowing and weeding community areas.
* Please keep your bed and the walking areas around your bed weeded and clear of tools.
* Whitefish Community Garden is a Organic Garden. Non organic fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, and soil additives are prohibited. If you have a question about whether or not a product is approved please ask a board member.
* All deadlines described above will be enforced. If you cannot meet these deadlines, please contact the membership coordinator.
* Dogs are not allowed in the garden. Dogs can be leashed outside the garden. Dog waste must be removed immediately by the dog owner. There are plastic bags in the shed.
* Please use the pedestrian gate to come and go. The large gate is for delivery and maintenance. Always shut the gate when entering and leaving. The deer are watching.
* Please place all garbage in the garbage bin. Put any plant waste in an active compost bin.
I agree to the above rules and deadlines:
email: phone: _________.
If you are a returning member please indicate your plot number(s) here: ______________.
Signature: . Date: .