Coleslaw with Shaved Fennel
* 1 cup shaved fennel bulb
* 2 cups shredded green cabbage
* 1 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
* 3/4 cup grated carrot
* 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
* 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
* 2 Tb freshly squeezed lemon juice
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1 tsp red wine vinegar
* 2 tsp nutritional yeast
* 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
1. First, cut off any of the stem and herb that may still be attached to the fennel bulb, leaving a flat surface exposing the white concentric layers. You may wish to remove the outside layers if they look dirty. You can use a sharp knife to cut very thin shavings of the fennel bulb or you can use a vegetable peeler.
2. Mix together the fennel, green cabbage, red cabbage, carrot, cilantro, and green onion in a medium-size bowl. In a measuring cup, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, nutritional yeast, and salt, and pour it over the vegetables. Mix well and serve, or refrigerate immediately.