Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups zucchini, washed and dried, ends and stems removed, cut in half lengthwise and seeded,and grated
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 20 muffin cups with muffin liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, allspice and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the sugar, butter and oil. Beat in eggs, one at a time until combined. Stir in vanilla, buttermilk, zucchini and chocolate chips. Gently stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups. Bake until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and muffin tops are springy to the touch, 20 to 24 minutes; rotating halfway through baking time. Cool muffins in muffin tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool 5 minutes before serving.
Yields: 20 standard muffins
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com