King Arthur Flour Baking Contest
King Arthur Flour is looking for your best and most delicious frosted cupcake. Be sure and make them from scratch- no cake mixes or prepared frostings allowed. Creativity is strongly encouraged so get baking with King Arthur Flour and you could be the blue ribbon winner!
ENTRY DEADLINE: Saturday, July 28, 2012 8:00 a.m.-9:45 a.m.
DATE OF CONTEST: SATURDAY, July 28, 2012
1st place: $75 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue
2nd place: $50 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue
3rd place: Baker’s Companion Cookbook
*Each winner will receive a beautiful ribbon
1. Cupcakes must use King Arthur Flour and be made from scratch. No cake mixes or prepared frostings.
2. Judging will be based on: Taste (50%), Creativity (25%), and Texture (25%).
3. Entrant must bring the opened bag of King Arthur Flour or submit a UPC label from the flour bag when he/she brings the prepared entry to the contest at the fair.
4. Directions for preparing the recipe must be clear; measurements should be in level cups, tablespoons, teaspoons or fractions thereof; also include pan size, cooking temperature, number of servings and any other pertinent information.
5. Use ingredients that are readily available in grocery stores.
6. Type or legibly write recipe on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper with name, address, daytime and evening phone number, email address if available, in the upper right hand corner. Entries must be legible and include a phone number or they will be disqualified. Recipes will become property of Westfair and King Arthur Flour, which reserves the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish and use for publicity, promotion or advertising without compensation.
7. Contestants may submit more than one type of cupcake, but only one entry per participant can win.
8. This contest is open to all ages; amateurs only.
9. Upon submission, recipes become the property of Westfair and King Arthur Flour.
10. Fair committee selects judges; judges’ decisions are final.
11. King Arthur Flour is widely available in local grocery stores. For product information, recipe ideas, and store locations go to: www.kingarthurflour.com
DAY OF CONTEST
1. Entries will be received from 8:00-9:45 a.m. in the Commercial Building.
2. Judging will begin at 10:00 a.m.
3. Prizes will be awarded at 1:00 p.m. (or when contest is completed).
4. Bring 6 standard size cupcakes to the fair in any type container (preferably disposable). It will not be the responsibility of the Fair to return any dishes or containers.
5. Entries must be prepared at home and presented at the Fair ready for judging. Insulated containers are encouraged for transportation to keep foods hot or cold
6. Contact Open Class Superintendent, Laurie Staton, if you have any questions. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 545-3095.