Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Cookies:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
Ingredients for Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Filling:
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
Directions to Make Cookies:
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt, and milk chocolate in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until fluffy. Scrape down and add eggs, one at a time, until each is incorporated. Mixture will be light and fluffy. Add vanilla and peanut butter and beat until just incorporated.
- Add half of flour mixture and mix for 15 seconds. Add remaining flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Cover the bowl in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto a baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart. With the palm of your hand, very gently press each cookie down so that it forms a very tall disk. Do not press too hard or press the cookie too flat.
- Sprinkle tops with granulated sugar and bake for 8 minutes or until the tops of cookies just begin to brown.
- Remove pan from oven and cool on wire rack for 2 minutes. Use a spatula to transfer individual cookies to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Directions to Make Filling:
- Place chocolate, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. In a small heavy saucepan bring whipping cream to a boil over medium heat. Pour hot cream over chocolate mixture; stir until mixture is melted and smooth. Transfer to refrigerator to chill until thick and spreadable, about 1 hour.
- Spread about 1 rounded teaspoonful chocolate-peanut butter filling on flat side of 1 cookie. Top with second cookie, forming a sandwich. Repeat with remaining filling and cookies. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com