September 21, 2010 KIC Meeting
Location: TIES, Larpenteur Room
Time: 9:00 to 11:00 AM (with Lunch and Learn to follow)
- Welcome and introduce any new members
- KIC group and process review, old news, new news
- Brainstorm and decide topics for the next four months of KIC. (add topic ideas here)
- Assessing student tech competency (MPS learning.com 8th grade assessment, Bloomington - Atomic Learning 21st Century Skills - middle school)
- Assessing staff tech competence - QCOMP, Teacher relicensure
- State testing prep?
- Student online portfolios
- iPads and other mobile devices (Toshiba)
- gift cards/volume voucher
- new license agreement
- iPads for students and staff - management, curriculum (Volume Voucher replaces Gift cards in education - helps finance departments)
- Other mobile handheld devices (Toshiba) - managing student wifi access/Open network
- Legal - Curriculum copyright and implications
- AUP updates
- Equity - Funds, student access
- Google Apps for Staff and Students
- Osseo - Andi
- Personal Learning Networks?
- Collaboration - sharing with other districts - it takes 2-3 years to develop a good Moodle course
- Moodleshare.com - Online Sharing Space for Moodle Courses (Northern Star Online/287/John Fila) - great resource - sharing course with content but without user content
- Staff resource sharing - Moodle, SharePoint, Google Apps, Apple Wiki Server, other?
- Ideal 21st Century Classroom
- Online/Blended learning
- GPS/GIS/Google Earth, mobile geolocation tools
- Video for the web - Instructional use for both students and staff
- Web 2.0 Tools - blogs, wikis, facebook, twitter,
- Open Agenda (add items here)
- Ning - Pearson sponsored or new alternatives?
- What does your district use for staff resource sharing -
- Moodle 4 ,
- SharePoint 2 ,
- Google Apps 2,
- Apple Wiki Server 3,
- Shared district drive 7 - naming convention - can be difficult to manage
- 2010 TIES Conference - Dec 4-7
- What are using for social bookmarking--Delicious or Diigo or?
- Edina using Delicious, Diigo and Google Bookmarks but finding a problem with GB not being a part of Apps for Education
- Delicious accounts require a yahoo ID as of Spring 2010
Lunch and Learn presentation by FirstTech after the meeting
(Solutions shown are compatible with all computer and interactive technologies, not Promethean-specific)
- A new software-based learner response solution for computer labs and 1 to 1 initiatives (Learn how to obtain a free trial version!)
- Learn about the new S.A.F.E. system which combines classroom audio enhancement and security cameras.
- Mobile short-throw solutions for interactive whiteboards
- New Professional Interactive Curriculum and Software Solutions
- ...and of course pizza!