Everyday Chocolate Cake
Free of gluten, dairy, and soy
Created by Carrie Forbes @ gingerlemongirl.com
1/3 cup brown rice flour
1/3 cup tapioca flour
1/3 cup sorghum flour
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup non-dairy milk (I generally use almond milk)
1/4 cup oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8" square baking pan (or line with parchment paper). Dust pan lightly with sweet rice flour.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
3. Make a well in center of dry ingredients. Add milk, oil, vanilla, and beaten eggs. Whisk together in well.
4. Stir together wet ingredients with dry ingredients until fully incorporated and pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Do not overbake!!
6. Cool cake completely before frosting with your favorite gluten free chocolate frosting. (I used Pillsbury chocolate frosting)
All Rights Reserved. COPYRIGHT © 2007-2011 Gingerlemongirl.com