Lesson: Adding Pages Moodle ISU 2
Welcome to a Moodle ISU 2 learning tutorial. In this document you will learn how to add a lesson. The lesson module enables the teacher to create an adaptive learning experience consisting of a series of pages containing questions.
This guide will help you to:
- Add a Lesson Page
- Import Questions
- Import PowerPoint
- Add a Cluster
- Add a Content Page
- Add a Question Page
- Editing the Lesson Page
Adding a Lesson
- Turn Editing On. For more information on Turning editing on, please see the Moodle ISU 2 Overview.
- In the week/topic you wish to add the resource to, Click the red link Add an activity or resource
- Click the bullet next to Lesson.
- Once you have selected Lesson you can now Click the Add button.
- Settings require an entry in the Name field. Also, you have option to edit other settings like flow control, grade, common module settings. For information on changing Lesson settings please see the Lesson Module Settings. Click Save and display to continue.
- The new page allows you to import questions or a PowerPoint, add a cluster, add a content page or add a question page.
- Click on Import Questions.
- Click on the File format drop down box. Select desired format.
- Click on Choose a file. Upload your file by browsing from one of the options in file picker.
- Or, Link from one of your Private files.
Note: If you link from your private file, students will not able to see it or work on it. Only you can see this file.
- Click Import. Now you can see the file.
- Choose your file from the File Picker by Clicking Choose a file. . .
- Click on Upload this file. Now you can see your file.
Adding a Cluster
- In Add a Cluster, you have several options for choosing where the question will appear. Choose your desired one.
Adding a Content page
- In Add a content page, you can make list like content or even can write descriptive sentences. Page title and Description is required for this activity.
Adding a Question Page
In Add a question page, you have the option to choose short answer, true/false, matching, multiple choice etc.
- Choose the desired question type.
- Click on Add a question page.
- In new page Write and Edit; then Click Save page.
Editing the Page Under Lesson
- You can make changes anytime by Clicking the update button (Gear icon) at the right side of a lesson.
- The original page setup will appear with the options that were previously selected. Scroll down and Alter any settings that you wish to change.
- Once you have everything set.
- Click the Save page button to view the choice.
- Click Cancel if you don’t want to change anything in the page.
For more information please visit http://docs.moodle.org/24/en/Building_Lesson
This work was done by Instructional Technology Resource Center at Idaho State University and is licensed under the Creative Commons Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit Attribution Noncommercial 3.0 United States or send a letter to Creative Commons, 444 Castro Street, Suite 900, Mountain View, California, 94041, USA.