Pumpkin Bread Muffins
Adapted from The Healthy College Cookbook page 136
Yield - 17 muffins
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
15 ounce pumpkin, just the pureed pumpkin
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves
cinnamon-sugar for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar until well combined. Whisk in the oil, applesauce, and vanilla until mixed together. Finally, whisk in the pumpkin.
- Sift together the flour, powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves onto wax paper.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined.
- Use a standard size ice cream scoop to evenly divide the batter between lined cupcake pans.
- Make cinnamon-sugar by mixing 1/4 cup sugar with a heaping teaspoon of cinnamon. Sprinkle generously on each muffin.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean. Do not overbake!
- Let cool on a wire rack until and then shove in your face!