Banana Espresso Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups mashed, very ripe bananas (about 4)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin cups with muffin liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the bananas, sugars, butter, milk, and egg; set aside.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, instant espresso powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the well and stir just until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each cup about 3/4 full. Bake in the center of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Move the muffin pan to a cooling rack, and let cool for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the muffins from the pan and let them finish cooling on the cooling rack.
Yield: 12 muffins
To make the parchment paper cups:
- Cut 5 inch square pieces of parchment.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray to hold parchment in place.
- Place 1 piece of parchment into 1 cup of the tin, pressing along folds to crease.
- Repeat with other cups and parchment pieces.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com