Almond and Chocolate Chunk Biscotti
- 2½ cups (350 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups (155 g) almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 7 ounces (200 g) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped into ½-inch (1.5-cm) chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder; set aside. In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the eggs, sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until the mixture thickens and holds its shape, about 5 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture, then mix in the almonds and chocolate.
- On a lightly floured work surface, divide the dough in half. Using dampened hands, shape each half into a log 3 inches (8 cm) in diameter. Set the logs lengthwise on the prepared baking sheet, evenly spacing them apart.
- Dampen your hands and smooth the surface of the logs. Bake, rotating the baking sheet midway through baking, until the logs are lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and decrease the oven temperature to 300°F . Let the logs cool on the baking sheet for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the logs to a cutting board. With a serrated bread knife, cut each log diagonally into slices ½ inch thick. Place the cookies, cut sides up, in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake until the biscotti are firm, about 20 minutes, flipping them midway through baking. Let cool completely. Dip into melted chocolate and sprinkle with crushed almonds for a truly decadent biscotti.
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com