Orange Marmalade Cookies with Fresh Orange Icing
For the Cookie Dough:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup orange marmalade
For the Orange Icing:
- finely grated zest from 1 orange
- finely grated zest from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and sea salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add egg and orange marmalade; beat at medium speed until combined, about 30 seconds. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds, scraping down the bowl as needed. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 to 2 hours.
- While dough chills, make orange icing in a medium bowl by combining citrus zests, juices, melted butter and sea salt. Whisk in confectioners’ sugar until well combined and smooth. Cover and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a 1½-inch ball and then place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough, spacing the balls about 3 inches apart. Bake for about 20 min. or until cookies are light brown. Cool the cookies on the baking sheets about 2 minutes; using a wide metal spatula, transfer the cookies to a wire rack and cool to room temperature.
- After cookies are completely cool, ice them with a small spatula or butter knife.
Yields: about 36 cookies
Printed From: www.sweetpeaskitchen.com