SCCT PRODUCTION STAFF
This position reports to the Director. All production/artistic staff positions ultimately report to the producers. In the event of irresolvable disputes among the production/artistic staff, the decision of the Producers shall be final.
- Design lighting for arena theatre production.
- Communicate design concept and coordinate design with the Producers, Director, Scenic Designer, Costume Designer, and Technical Director.
- Schedule hang/focus with the Technical Director. Execute design and coordinate assistance of Interns and Apprentices with the Apprentice Coordinator. Supervise Interns, Apprentices, and Volunteers and provide instruction as necessary to maintain safety and to ensure completion of assigned tasks.
- Schedule cue-to-cue rehearsal with the Technical Director.
- Conduct cue-to-cue rehearsal with Director, Stage Manager, and Light Board Operator.
- Maintain lighting equipment and inventory. Purchase gels and supplies with approval of the Producers.
- Attend production meetings.
- Attend all technical and dress rehearsals.
- Must possess strong background in lighting design and execution (arena theatre experience highly desirable).
- Must possess strong oral communication skills and be able to work in a team-oriented, community theatre environment composed of volunteers and professionals of varying ages and levels of talent.
- Must have or be willing to apply for Act 33 (Pennsylvania Child Abuse History) and Act 34 (Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Check) clearances.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are age 21 or older.
- The Lighting Designer is expected to enforce and follow the rules and regulations established by the Board of Directors as well as to promote the educational mission of SCCT.
- An honorarium of $200 will be paid to the Lighting Designer on opening night.
- If, for any reason, the Lighting Designer cannot complete the duties of the position, the honorarium may be forfeited or reduced at the discretion of the Producers in consultation with the Board of Directors.